I did something yesterday that I haven’t done in years; maybe even more than ten years, which is crazy that’s its actually taken so long. I put up a Christmas tree. The best part was that my boys helped and my hubby was there to join in the laughs and take pictures. I wasn’t expecting it to be such a cozy, family thing, but I was so happy that it naturally happened that way. I also realized that it was the first Christmas tree in our new house and the first one that my hubby and I have had since we’ve been together.
I was such a Grinch last year, but it didn’t make me happy; so this year, I’ve been determined to be as festive as possible. So far, it’s been working out perfectly.
But enough about me. Since it sort of fits with everything that happened yesterday, let’s just get right to it. Let’s put on our thinking caps, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is first.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.