After the crazy weekend last time around (my standards have seriously changed lately on what I consider a busy weekend), we decided to take it easy. That didn’t stop me from trying to clean my house today. It didn’t take me long to realize that my back just doesn’t allow me to do certain things anymore. I suppose I should feel lucky that housecleaning appears to be out. I honestly just feel sad about it. Plus, it appears we will most likely need to hire someone to clean the house, which is another monthly expense and added stress. Maybe I should stick to the grateful part?
Anyway, I am going to get to the theme today. I came up with one you just might like, since it has a few different directions you can take it. I’m looking forward to seeing how it inspires your music choices. Let’s put on our thinking caps, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is soul.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.