I love it when music inspires me. I’ve been listening to music more lately, since I am now carpooling with my son to work. He received an internship with my company, so we drive to work together three days a week. I’m excited for his amazing opportunity, but it’s also a fun way to spend time with him. Music has always brought us together, and this is no exception.
We were driving to work the other morning and while I was listening to a song he picked (which was amazing by the way), I found two key words that gave me the theme for today and next week. That’s always fun when I can come up with two at the same time!
I’m slightly late this week. I actually almost forgot to post this, which is pretty crazy considering how much I love SLS. But, I remembered so you can all breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Let’s put on our thinking caps, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is give/giving.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.