I’ve spent a lot of time in the last two weeks looking at things from the wrong perspective. I keep viewing things from the glass is half empty perspective. I’m not losing the weight I want to lose, I’m struggling in other areas of my life where all I seem to be able to focus on are what is missing. My husband has been a huge inspiration in the last two weeks. He’s normally a pretty negative person (sorry babe), but the last two weeks have been different.
He started focusing on everything he was grateful for and all the good things in his life and things around him started to manifest in a similar way. I need to do better at that. It’s not that I’m a week behind in listening to all your posts, it’s that I make an effort to listen to every post, even if it takes me months to catch up or stay caught up. It’s not that the scale gave me a number I didn’t want this morning, it’s that my jeans fit pretty nicely yesterday.
With that in mind, let’s focus on the half-full glass and get right to it. Let’s put on our thinking caps, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is glass.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.