I know I’ve spoken before about how I come up with the theme. Today, it was when I started thinking about my cell phone plan. We just changed it recently and I was wondering when my eldest would actually start paying me for her phone, since she’s a college graduate and moving to L.A. to start her big girl job in a week.
Then, randomly, my sister and I went looking for duck breast to make a planned dinner tonight. Apparently there’s not many people in or around SLC who eat duck. We went to a few places and called about ten. Most stores that focus solely on meat were closed on Saturdays and Sundays. We finally just gave up. It was frustrating and annoying, but we settled on a different plan. You know what they say about the best laid plans and all that.
Since I’ve been preparing for a dinner party all day and haven’t had much time to focus on the theme, I finally decided that my first thought was the best. It also really fit with my day today, which doesn’t hurt, I suppose.
With that, we’ll just get right to it. Let’s put on our thinking caps, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is plan.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.