I just love road trips. I’m not sure if I’m among the minority, but I do love being in the car, heading down the highway. It’s such a simple thing; the long road ahead and all you have to worry about is passing the guy in front of you who’s going too slow, or getting cut off by a semi when they decide to pass an even slower semi so you have to drastically reduce your speed and try not to swear too much as you wait for them to get back over. It’s pretty funny, actually, because it’s not like you have to be anywhere at any given time.
This road trip was especially amazing because I shared it with my sister and a rather great audio book that we didn’t manage to finish. It will always be a happy memory and one I will cherish for years to come.
As amazing as it all was, it was nice to come home and get back into the swing of things. Today is no exception. Can you believe it’s that time again? I sure can’t, but I suppose we’ll just get right to it. Let’s put on our thinking caps, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is drive/driving.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.