Can you even believe another week has gone by? I can’t. I keep making plans on the weekend to blog during the week, but then before I even know it, the week is over and I’m here writing my weekly SLS theme post again. I suppose if I just keep this one thing going on my blog, that will be enough until I can figure out what else to do with it. Hopefully you will be patient with me.
I’ve been watching a lot of tennis and soccer (sorry, football) this week. There have been some crazy games played! My favorite person/team didn’t always win, but I’m not unhappy with the men’s tennis finals, how the women’s finals ended up and also the final teams in the World Cup. I was hoping for Belgium and Croatia, but I will settle for one of them playing. I really did feel bad for England, but I truly wanted Croatia to win, so I was excited and shocked because I thought England was for sure going to the final.
Anyway, it did help me come up with the theme this week, so I’m happy about that as well. So, let’s just get right to it. Let’s put on our thinking caps on, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is break.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.