I find it rather amazing how our minds work. Not that I claim to know much about the process, but I do know that we try to make sense of everything while we sleep. I know some people don’t remember their dreams, but I seem to have a knack for it. There have been times in my life that I begged whomever would listen to just let me sleep in peace; that deep, black place where your thoughts and everything else can finally rest.
I realize that even on the nights you don’t remember them, you are still dreaming, but for the most part, I wish I was one of those people who didn’t remember. Not only that, I seem to be that person who can’t have a happy dream, no matter what is going on. Perhaps that’s why I write. I’ve made the correlation before, and it has been a while since I really sat down and just got my thoughts out. Perhaps its time to pick it back up again.
Anyway, it is Saturday, and that time once again. So, let’s put on our thinking caps on, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is dream.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.