Can you believe it? I almost forgot about Song Lyric Sunday this week. I was sitting here, drowning in lethargy, wondering how I’m going to stay awake for the next six hours. I spent the morning hiking and then the last two hours pulling dead things out of the garden. I’m spent! I also didn’t do my back any favors, but such is life. Someone’s gotta pull dead things out of there, otherwise they will choke off the living things (it’s already starting to happen, to be honest).
None of this has anything to do with the theme, other than I needed to come up with something and decided to continue something I started a while back. It’s crazy to me how quickly time can fly by. There are also times when minutes can seem like hours. Time is just a strange thing.
Anyway, this sort of leads us right into it. So, let’s put on our thinking caps on, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is seconds/minutes/hours. Pick one or find a song that features all three!
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.