OK, so I’m actually going to do this correctly this week. I think I apologized enough on Sunday for getting the theme wrong last week, but I’m not sure it’s all bad since many of you said the one I actually did was easier. I suppose that means I need to make it a bit harder this week. I’m going once again with a Jim Adam’s suggestion, but I promise to get it done right this time.
I just got back from a long hike in the mountains that totally kicked my ass. I’m just hoping I can come up with a song for the theme…
So, let’s just get right to it. Put your thinking caps on, break out your playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week, brought to us by Jim Adams, is to post a song with a metaphor in the title or lyrics.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.