I’m a little late in posting this week. I seem to have fallen off the grid and don’t have a whole lot of passion for this blog of mine right now, but I am doing my best to keep up SLS for all of my amazing followers.
I heard a song on The Voice this week, which is entirely responsible for the theme. It also fits in perfectly with the amazing weekend I am currently engaged in. My sister is staying, once again, and we have been enjoying cooking in the kitchen, shopping and crocheting. I’m thoroughly entrenched in the exploration of some pretty great food, and I’m super grateful she enjoys cooking so much.
This all brings us to our theme this week. So, let’s get our thinking caps on, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “brother/sister”. You can also go with the more general theme of “siblings”, but I wanted to provide a specific word just in case you’re as OCD as I am.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.