I took an impromptu trip to join my hubby in California this weekend. I ended up taking the day off yesterday and flew out to meet him. He actually drove down on Tuesday. It’s going to be a short trip for me, but I’m already happy I decided to come. We ended up at the beach last night, and just that short walk was enough to make me happy I made the decision to come.
I honestly don’t want to leave tomorrow. It’s frustrating with most everyone around me speaking a different language, but somehow it hasn’t bothered me as much this time around. I told my hubby that it’s weird when you find yourself in a different state. The air feels different somehow.
Anyway, I think that’s enough romanticizing about my trip, but this all does lead us to the theme this week in a round-about sort of way. So, let’s get our thinking caps on, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “stay”.
Just a quick note – I realize I am pretty far behind in listening/reading your posts. I promise I will get caught up, it’s just not going to happen this weekend. I’m truly grateful for your participation and that so many of you check out all the posts each week. It truly makes this thing I started a few years ago even more special than I could have imagined!
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.