I’m back in a position where I’m coming up with the theme on the fly on Saturday mornings. It’s definitely not as nice as it is to come up with them in advance, but the one advantage for me (sorry guys) is that I can pick a theme based on a song I want to post. That way, I have both the theme and the song all in one!
This week, I’m not even going to do the obligatory search to make sure this theme has songs out there. I trust that you all know what you’re doing and will find some inspiring music to post no matter what.
So, without further rambling, I’m going to just get right to it. Make sure to get your thinking caps on, break out your playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “lights”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.