I know I’m constantly commenting about how time flies, but honestly, it’s crazy! April? It was so weird to type that into the subject line! This year has shaped up to be crazy-busy and I don’t think it is going to let up anytime soon, what with three graduations coming up in May!
As you know, I’ve been working a lot lately and when you end up staying late at work or working weekends, all the days sort of get mixed up into a crazy blur and it’s hard to keep track of which day you’re on. On Tuesday, I stayed at work until 9:30 at night and went in late on Wednesday, which was a huge mistake! I was all messed up and never got into a groove on Wednesday. I’m happy I was able to sleep in a little bit, but it didn’t really end up being worth it.
Time is a strange and crazy thing. I understand why we track it and organize it, but it does make one wonder what would happen if we didn’t. Food for thought, and maybe it will help you with your selections this week.
Since we’ve already done the theme of time, I’ve decided I’m going to start breaking it down and exploring different aspects. So, let’s get our thinking caps on, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “days”. You can also choose days of the week if you don’t want to use the word “day”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.