This week has been nuts. I ended up with a huge project at work, so I’m working twelve hour days and weekends. I’m posting this right before going into the office for probably an eight hour spell on a Saturday. I love my day job, but sometimes it can be overwhelming. One thing that helps with the stress and keeps me going is music. I love music and I love sharing it with you guys.
It’s pretty bleak in my neck of the woods today. Winter is on us in full force, even though everyone around me seems to think we should be having Spring. The really dumb thing is that in between snow days, we have sixty degree days. It makes for some pretty schizophrenic weather. Not that the theme has anything much to do with today’s theme. It’s more just the way it feels.
So, with that slightly macabre introduction, let’s get our thinking caps on, break out our playlists and get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “shadow”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.