When I was looking for my song last week, I came upon the theme for this week. It’s a good thing, too, because my brain is not in a very creative mood and I can’t even imagine trying to come up with that today. I even have my song picked out, which is another bonus. (I apologize that I have a leg up, but hopefully this week will be an easy one).
Have you ever looked at the clock and it showed all ones, or all fours? There are some people who think it actually means something, and maybe it does. My son has a knack for noticing things like that. I think there was a day where he showed me at least four times when the clock showed the same numbers. It was slightly unsettling, but I realize now that it probably shouldn’t have been.
I tend to believe in things like that, even if I don’t know how it works all that well. I just know that I consider myself lucky when I see all ones because that is supposed to be a sign of something good.
This, of course, brings us to our theme this week. So, get your thinking caps on, break out your playlists and let’s get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “numbers”. Find a song that features a number, or go with the word itself. I know there are many songs out there to choose from, so let’s have some fun this week!
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I have to say a huge thank you to Simply Marquessa for teaming up with me the last few months. I enjoyed every second of it, so thanks for reaching out to me. She’s decided to focus on writing, which I find admirable, since my “writing” is limited right now to what I may or not post on my blog.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.