It seems the whole household has been sick for way too long. I finally got it again and thought I was getting better, but then today, I feel like I’m starting all over again. Being sick is the worst! At least I have my weekly blog prompt to keep me coming back; otherwise, I probably wouldn’t be sitting here typing.
Times have changed a lot. I remember when I was a child, we used to have pen pals. We’d send letters to people and hope to get one back. It was so much fun to get a letter in the mail. It almost compares to that sound you used to hear when you got an email. It’s crazy that even emails are starting to become a thing of the past. Now you have instant access to your loved ones, so there’s no real waiting. I enjoy the way things are now, but I also enjoy the nostalgia of the past.
This, of course, brings us to our theme this week. So, get your thinking caps on, break out your playlists and let’s get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “letters”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and her LyricalFictionFriday theme was based on today’s SLS theme. Her posts go up on Thursday, so please check out her blog to delve into the world of music and fiction.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.