I came up with the themes for Song Lyric Sunday for February about two months ago. I’ve enjoyed everything so far, but I checked today’s theme and was pretty dumb-founded. I suppose it just wasn’t what I was expecting, especially considering I’ve been doing the whole “love” thing this month thanks to Bee.
However, now that I’m settling into the idea, it’s starting to grow on me. It also fits in with love in so many ways. People aren’t the only ones who need love. I know there’s a heated debate about the environment and global warming and no matter which side you land on, I think there’s something to be said for loving and appreciating the world around us.
That being said, let’s do some exploring this week. So, get your thinking caps on, break out your playlists and let’s get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “Earth”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and her LyricalFictionFriday theme was based on today’s SLS theme. Her posts go up on Thursday, so please check out her blog to delve into the world of music and fiction.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.