Technology has come a long way in a very short time. I remember some time around 2003, the talk of cell phones was starting to ramp up. It was becoming more “the thing” to have one of your own and carry it around with you all the time. I remember saying that I didn’t need one because if someone wanted to talk to me, they could call the house phone and leave a message. I would call them when I was available. There was no need for someone to get a hold of me while I was grocery shopping or driving.
I finally got one, but then I resisted texting. I was pretty old-school about communication. However, my daughter would only communicate through text, so I sort of had to do that or else risk never talking to her.
Now, we are all addicted to our phones, but they are so much more than just a phone. I rarely receive phone calls on it, which I think is pretty sad. Phone calls are nice and talking to someone is a much better form of communication than texting. There is too much left open to interpretation when there are only words on a screen.
If you hadn’t guessed already, this of course leads us right into our theme this week. So, get your thinking caps on, break out your playlists and let’s get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “phone calls/calling”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and her LyricalFictionFriday theme was based on today’s SLS theme. Her posts go up on Thursday, so please check out her blog to delve into the world of music and fiction.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.