I think I’ve mentioned before that my hubby is Persian, which of course means that we struggle sometimes with cultural differences. One thing in their culture that I don’t really understand is this weird thing where they say something to be nice, but they don’t really mean it. When my father-in-law was staying with us, he would tell me that he didn’t want any dinner. I would take him at his word and not fix him anything. Then, when my hubby would ask him, he would say he was starving.
It was frustrating and I tried to tell him that he just needs to tell me the truth because I will take him at his word. It never really worked out that way. I still took everything he said literally, but I let the hubby handle his dinner and things like that. Or, I would just make him something and then he would end up complaining that we were feeding him too much. We just couldn’t win.
However, as you all know, I love them both dearly, despite our differences.
Of course, this leads us straight into our theme. So, get your thinking caps on, break out your playlists and let’s get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “truth”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and her LyricalFictionFriday theme was based on today’s SLS theme. Her posts go up on Thursday, so please check out her blog to delve into the world of music and fiction.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.