This year, I’m preparing for another child to turn eighteen and potentially move out of the house. I have no idea what his plans are, so I can’t say that will actually happen, but just the thought of it makes me sad. It was difficult, to say the least, when my daughter decided to go to college clear across the country. I’m happy we decided to drop her off at college, but that was probably one of the hardest goodbyes I’ve ever said. The plane trip home was heart-wrenching.
It’s never easy to say goodbye, even knowing you will see that person again. It’s even harder when a loved one passes on and all you have left are the memories.
As dismal as this could end up, I still think it’s a topic worth exploring through music. So, get your thinking caps on, break out your playlists and let’s get to work! Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “goodbye/farewell”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and her LyricalFictionFriday theme was based on today’s SLS theme. Her posts go up on Thursday, so please check out her blog to delve into the world of music and fiction.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.