Whew, it’s the new year! I almost can’t believe it. I’ve spent most of the week not really sure if it means anything, or it’s just that cycle of life that keeps on turning and the only reason we have things like days and months and years is because we’ve given meaning to it. I suppose time has always been tracked in some way, and I think I’d rather that than nothing at all. I’m not one for random chaos, so I think I’ll embrace the tracking of time in it’s current form.
As much as January feels like new life and hope and twelve brand new months to fill up, it can also feel pretty bleak, especially in the part of the world I live in. It’s cold and dreary and there’s no days off to break it up. It can almost feel like you’re losing yourself and it’s sometimes hard to keep it together. There is also that lack of sunlight that is hard on those of use who suffer from depression.
Which, of course, leads me to the theme reveal for Song Lyric Sunday this week – “madness”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and her LyricalFictionFriday theme will be based on today’s theme. Her posts go up on Thursday, so please check out her blog and her blog prompt this Thursday to delve into the world of music and fiction.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.