I don’t think I’m alone in being surprised that the year is over. Where did it go? It seemed to fly by in a flurry of hospitals, doctor visits and work. That doesn’t sound too positive, and it really wasn’t, but I’ve decided to have a better attitude and focus more on what’s going right, rather than what’s gone wrong.
I used to come up with the themes on the spot, but I’ve found that some planning is nice. It helps take the pressure off a bit; however, it also makes it so that the theme isn’t always relevant to what’s going on. The last few weeks had nothing to do with the holidays (except my own interpretation), so I’m excited that this week’s theme actually sort of fits.
If you’re like me and most of the population, you’ve indulged way too much this holiday season, and just when you thought you were almost done and could start eating healthy, I’m throwing you this. Let’s make it the last hoorah before starting that health kick that will probably only last a month or two. What do you say?
Anyway, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “sugar/candy”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and this week’s SLS theme was inspired by her weekly LyricalFictionFriday theme: “He looks like a cool drink of water but he’s candy-coated misery…” from the song Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.