I was rather surprised last week at how everyone embraced the prompt. I thought it was way outside the “norm”, especially considering the time of year, but you all took it in stride and really made me feel like I sort of have a handle on this whole thing. I’m just hoping you stick with me through this week too.
This prompt is also outside the “norm” of what you might think of for this holiday’s eve, but I will do my best to explain my logic. This isn’t necessarily a safe time of year. People go shopping and get angry and upset and they sometimes take it out on strangers. It’s also not really safe for the old bank account. Does anyone really save up for it? If you do, I salute you, because I think that’s amazing. For me, it was always a burden. Trying to come up with an “extra” portion of money when there just isn’t any is truly scary and not fun at all.
So, without further preamble, I give you our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week: “danger”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and this week’s SLS theme was inspired by her weekly LyricalFictionFriday theme: “I’m locked and loaded…completely focused…my mind is open…” from the song Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.