I don’t know about you, but this honestly is not my favorite time of year. I’m not a huge fan of this holiday, for many different reasons, so I find myself trying to just make it through and hoping it will fly by so I can find myself on the other side of it for one more year.
This year has been nice in a lot of ways. I’ve been working my ass off at the day job, so I haven’t really had time to think about it. I honestly can’t believe it’s only a week away, but I’m happy it’s flying by without dwelling too much on how I dislike it all. I even talked my kids into a less-than-traditional celebration, and I think they went for it. Maybe one year, we can just fly away to a beach somewhere and I can hide from it in the sunniest and laziest way possible.
Anyway, this does bring us to our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week, which is “pretending”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and this week’s SLS theme was inspired by her weekly LyricalFictionFriday theme: “I think it’s so sweet…how you let your friends encourage you to try and talk to me…but let me stop you there…” from the song NO by Meghan Trainor.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.