I’ve been gone most of the day today. I finally got to spend some time with my sisters, drinking and eating seafood over a long, rather delightful lunch. I forget how nice it is just to spend time with the people you love.
We ended up back at my sister’s house and I got to see my nephew. He’s almost two but doesn’t really know me yet, so he spends the whole time trying to hide (literally inside his mom). I, in turn, spend the whole time bugging the shit out of him, because I’m just that kind of an aunt. I know he’ll warm up to me at some point, at least, that’s the goal.
It makes me think about how many different strangers kids are introduced to. I know I’m not technically a stranger, but he doesn’t know me, so to him I am. It takes a whole lot of gumption for him to get to a point that he smiles and almost hugs me before I leave.
Which, somehow brings us to our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week, which is “courage”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and this week’s SLS theme was inspired by her weekly flash fiction theme: “You gotta get up off that grey line…I’ll guarantee they’ll fall in line…” from the song Dammn Baby by Janet Jackson.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.