I am admittedly obsessive/compulsive but I am also a procrastinator, which doesn’t lend itself well to certain chores around the house. I’ve spent most of the day today on a mission to fix a few things that have been bugging me since we moved in. While finding a hex nut for our futon should have been a one and done sort of deal, I’ve now made a trip to Walmart and one to Lowe’s and I still don’t have the right one. I suppose I should have thought of taking the darn screw with me the first time around, but I was trying to make it “easy” on my self. Who knew you couldn’t really eyeball the size of a hex nut…
I’m not sure if I’m describing obsessive behavior, except that I’ve been obsessing about it all day and I would still love to run to the store to get the right one, but my back is seizing and I’m late with this post, so I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow. Also, you can laugh all you want. Neither me or the hubby are handy people, so the fact that I’m doing this at all is pretty much a miracle.
All of this leads us, in a very round about way, to our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week, which is “obsession”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and this week’s SLS theme was inspired by her weekly flash fiction theme: “Don’t look for what you don’t want to find” from the song Back it Up by Prince Royce.
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.