I don’t know about you, but it seems that when I turned 40, all sorts of new things started happening with my body that had never happened before and I came to the realization that I was “getting old”. I know, I know; I’m not that old, and there are many people out there who are way older than me and have so many more health issues than I do, but this year has just been rough. I’m honestly ready for a change; one that doesn’t include hospitals and doctors.
We are almost to the end of this year and we have one more surgery under our belt (hubby had to go under the knife again, poor guy). I’m hoping we’ve seen the end of it, but honestly, life does happen and all we can do is roll with it. At least there is good music to listen to, and friends to share it with.
All of this, of course, leads us to our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week: “growing old”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa and this week’s SLS theme was inspired by her weekly flash fiction theme: “…I swear you get better looking with every year…your sexual peak, your full figure physique…”
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.