This week, the lyric Simply Marquessa chose was: “God knows I never meant to hurt you…I never meant take it that far…” I do believe that we’ve done similar themes to the one I chose this week, but I believe we usually all have several choices to any one given theme, so I’m sure we can all come up with something.
Sometimes, songs have a way of saying what we just can’t put into words. I’ve tried to use songs to convey this particular message, but it didn’t work as well as I thought it would. I’m thinking that when you hurt someone, the best apologies are those given in person where you can look someone in the eyes so they can see your sincerity. It also works when the apology is forced, because I don’t know about you, but I can always tell when it lacks sincerity.
All that being said, let’s just get right into it. Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “apology/sorry”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.