This week, the lyric Simply Marquessa chose was: “Shut up and put your money where your mouth is…” Sometimes, picking a theme from a lyric is rather difficult and I’m not sure how well the theme for this week will work as far as song choices, but I have faith in you guys!
I’m not the kind of person that walks around telling people how great I am at any particular thing; in fact, I know I downplay a lot of my strengths. I’m not sure if that’s a lack of self-confidence or that I honestly have no idea where the line is when it comes to “selling” yourself. I do believe there is a line, but we all know people who are far too full of themselves and they walk around making sure everyone knows it. I find them rather annoying. Don’t you?
I think the choices are going to be interesting this week, to say the least, because our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is all about “bragging”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.