This week, the lyric Simply Marquessa chose was: “Girl, you better have your hair weave strapped on tight…” It comes from the song, Chunky by Bruno Mars. When I read the lyrics to the whole song, it helped me come up with the theme for this week. It seems like we slowed things down a bit last week, but for this week we are heading to the opposite side of the spectrum.
I haven’t had much cause to celebrate lately, but I’m thinking that sometimes you just need to find a reason. It doesn’t do anyone any good to constantly live life in fight-or-flight mode, just waiting for the next awful thing. For my birthday at the beginning of the month, I was able to plan an impromptu get-together with my family. Honestly, it’s been the one fun thing that’s happened this month. I’m happy we were able to do it and that it gave me some happy memories to help keep me going.
I think we all need a reason to party, so hopefully the theme this week will give you one. Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “parties/partying”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.