This week, the lyric Simply Marquessa chose was: “When we’re together, we never fight, we’ve got better things to do tonight…” I actually came up with the themes for these a while ago, and when I first looked at the theme I chose, I couldn’t quite figure out why I chose it. When I first read the lyric prompt and the song it came from (She Wants To Dance With Me by Rick Astley), I realized that we had already covered dance, so I had to get creative with this one as well.
I really love the theme I chose this week and I think many of you will like it as well. I need a little bit of it in my life right now. I’ve been through a series of doctor appointments and medical procedures and I’m quite ready for some answers. Barring that, I’m just hoping for a break from doctors for a while, and I’m truly hoping that’s in my foreseeable future.
Anyway, I’ll get right to it so we can all bask in the glow. Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “peace”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.