This week, the lyric Simply Marquessa chose was: “Don’t pick up the phone. You know that he’s only calling because he’s drunk and alone.” However, once again, the theme I chose doesn’t have much to do with that one lyric. The name of the song it comes from is “New Rules” by Dua Lipa. I listened to it for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed the song. More importantly, though, it supplied the theme for this week.
I don’t know about you, but I’m kind of schizophrenic when it comes to rules. If there is a guideline to follow, I’m pretty much a stickler for it unless you give me a good reason to not follow it. So, on one hand, I like rules, but on the other hand, I do believe they aren’t always for the best. I guess what I’m saying is that if there is a rule, follow it, but don’t be afraid to change the rules if they no longer serve the purpose they were intended for. Clear as mud? I thought so.
Anyway, as you may have guessed, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is “rules”.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.