This week, the lyric Simply Marquessa chose was: “Payback is a bad bitch…” I’m honestly not huge on revenge or vengeance, but sometimes I think about it, just like probably everyone else. It’s fun to let your mind run wild about things you would like to do to someone who has wronged you. Maybe that’s why these types of songs and song lyrics are so mesmerizing.
I tend to think that nature has a way of working itself out, though, so no need to put myself in harms way just to get back at someone. The time will come when things will catch up to them. At least, that’s the hope.
Anyway, on to the theme reveal. In case you haven’t guessed already, the theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is revenge/vengeance.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.