As you may or may not know, I’m teaming up with Simply Marquessa during the month of September. She is hosting a Friday Fiction challenge that is centered around music lyrics and I will continue to do SLS. Since her post goes up on Friday, I’m going to try and find the theme from her post for the week.
This week, the lyric she chose was “Everytime I think of you, I always catch my breath.” When I checked, I was honestly surprised that I hadn’t done this theme before. While breathing seems like such a basic thing, it is really one of those things that centers and grounds you when you focus on it (at least it does for me). I also did a quick search, and I can tell you that there is no shortage of songs out there. You actually might have a hard time narrowing it down to just one.
Anyway, just in case you didn’t catch it, the theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is breathing/breath.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.