It’s crazy to me how fast time seems to just be flying by. I was feeling rather forlorn about it until I realized that football season will be starting very soon. I know that probably sounds odd coming from me, but I have my two favorite teams (one college and one NFL) that I follow religiously and I enjoy every minute of it. Not that it has anything to do with SLS…
I didn’t really have a direction for the theme this week, so I honestly jumped at the first word I thought of today. Luckily, it’s not one we’ve done. We’ve done similar themes with “the sun” and “summer”, but not this one. So, I hope you have fun rummaging through all your music. I think this one could take us in lots of different directions.
The theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is heat.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.