My father-in-law is back in town and one of the things he likes to do is go to the casino. I’ve never been a huge fan of gambling, myself, because losing money just isn’t fun for me. Money is hard enough to come by, why do you want to just give it away?
I suppose there is some element of fun if you take a specific amount of money with you and know you’re just going to lose it. Perhaps you can look at it as paying for those free drinks? I don’t know. Somehow, I can never really convince myself it’s a good idea. If I do end up going with them tomorrow, I’ll be going for the drive because I love road trips.
I’m sure you’re wondering what all this has to do with Song Lyric Sunday, but just in case you haven’t guessed already, it has to do with the theme this week, which is gambling or taking a gamble/risk.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.