I’ve spent most of the day buried in a podcast, but I suppose it did something more than just offer entertainment; it actually got me up to clean my house because it felt weird to just sit on the couch and listen to something without actually doing anything else. Isn’t that weird? I mean, you don’t do anything when you watch television, but somehow listening to something is entirely different and it’s weird, at least for me, to be idle while listening.
I’d thought of the theme late last night and was going to schedule the post earlier today, but then I got pulled away and I’m just barely making it back down here to get it done. I suppose it’s probably cliche, what with the holiday coming up, but I figure it also lends itself well to the state of things right now. I would say it’s only here in the states, but that isn’t at all the case, and I believe this subject never gets weary, or at least it shouldn’t. Also, there are a ton of songs out there, so I’m thinking the only real issue will be picking just one.
So, the Song Lyric Sunday theme for this week is to post a song about freedom.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.