I’m on my way out of town for the weekend, but I still wanted to give you all a direction for Song Lyric Sunday. Just to let you know, this is my last weekend slacking off. I’m going to get back in the swing of things as soon as I’m back on Sunday, which means listening to and commenting on all the posts I’ve missed in the past few weeks. I think I’ve only actually missed two weeks, which is pretty good considering everything that’s been going on, but I promise I will get caught up.
Anyway, as is my usual routine, I just realized that we have a holiday on Sunday here in the US, but I’d already thought of a different theme for the week. If you want to pick a song about Dad’s, feel free, but I think it would be even better to choose one that maybe fits the theme and the day’s celebrations.
I love how certain words can mean multiple things. I also love how one art-form sometimes references another. I love art in all it’s forms, so we are going to celebrate music this week, as usual, but we are also going to celebrate another art form.
So, the Song Lyric Sunday theme for this week is to post a song about dance/dancing, or a song that has the word in the title or lyrics.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.