You guys would not believe the week I’ve had. Every time I think about it, I can’t help but laugh at how ridiculous it all is. As I was posting the theme last week, I was in quite a bit of pain and ended up in the emergency room on Sunday morning only to have my appendix removed later that day. I’ve been home recovering, trying to stay positive. I’m just hoping we are through with surgeries for at least a year!
I don’t know what it is about surgery that doesn’t lend itself to writing or blogging, but I just couldn’t let you guys down. I’m not doing anything else with my blog, but at least I can manage this. Music is a great healer, after all. It is also one of those things that lends itself well to memories. It’s amazing how music can bring back memories that I thought long forgotten… sometimes that’s a good thing, but sometimes that can be difficult as well.
For tomorrow, I hope we can all find a happy memory to share with our music choice. Which, of course, leads me to the Song Lyric Sunday theme this week – post a song surrounding a happy memory.
I have my sister-in-law to thank for the theme this week. I decided I had just enough in me to post something, but coming up with the idea was beyond me.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.