I always feel a little guilty when I post a theme that has to do with a U.S. Holiday, since I know that I have followers from all over. However, my life drives my blog and the themes for SLS, so I suppose I shouldn’t feel too guilty about it. I will try to make them not so obvious, though, so that everyone can feel included, whether you celebrate the holiday or not.
I was just very happy to have a long weekend… I started looking forward to this extra day off a long time ago and I can’t even believe it’s finally here. If it sounds like I’m slightly desperate, it’s because I had started to feel that way at work the past few weeks, but hopefully things are starting to slow down a little bit.
One can only hope anyway.
This all sort of leads us to our theme this week. I was originally going to do a memorial type theme, but since my niece just graduated from high school (holy cow!!) and is planning to go into the military, I want to create a theme around the armed forces. I truly respect what they do, even thought I don’t always agree with the politics behind it. I’m sure there are times they don’t either, but most of them don’t sign up for politics, they sign up to fight for their country.
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is to post a song about the military.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.