As evidenced by the fact that I haven’t posted anything on the blog this week, it’s been a rough one. Work is absolutely insane right now, which gives me zero time to think and unwind. Not only that, by the time I get home, I’m exhausted. I’ve also had some teenage drama to deal with and some lingering health things. I’m honestly not sure how I made it to Saturday. I guess that’s why I feel exhausted and entirely without motivation today.
But, I did manage to make it to my computer to post a theme, albeit a bit late in the day. I can’t say a whole lot of thought went into it. I literally scrolled through my iTunes and came up with the theme after eyeing one particular song (that you will definitely see on the blog tomorrow morning). I hope you all have as much luck with the theme as I did.
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is to post a song with the name of a person in the title or lyrics.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.