I honestly can’t believe that we are half way through May. What a crazy, wonderful year it has been. I always start having these kinds of thoughts when all the normal holidays come around and it feels like we just barely did it.
Oh, just a quick note. If you haven’t noticed, I finally took the plunge and decided to pay for my WordPress account. I also didn’t want to use my “old” last name as my domain, so it has changed. I didn’t pay to have the old domain redirected, so you will need to update how you access my blog – it is now “helenswordsoflife.com”.
So, tomorrow is Mother’s day, and I suppose I could make it really simple for everyone, but I was already thinking of a theme. I think we can fit mothers into the equation, if you really work at it, and I’ll give you a bonus if you do. (You know, imaginary cake or candy or whatever your heart desires, because after all, it’s imaginary!)
Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is to post a song with a flower in the title and/or lyrics.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.