Guys, can you even believe it? By the time you read this post, I will be married!! How exciting is that? I’m sure it isn’t much of a blip on your screen, but for me, it’s amazing and wonderful and strange. I was that person who said I would never get married again, but I suppose life just has a way of proving you wrong sometimes.
It is also some welcome good news in my year of not so good news.
Anyway, I wasn’t necessarily thinking about the theme while watching the Voice on Monday, but someone sang a song that immediately had the wheels turning. Not only that, it sort of fits with the events of my life on Saturday, but not in a “love song” sort of way (because we’ve already done that one several times).
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is to post a song with precious metal/stones or jewelry in the title and/or lyrics.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.