I can’t even believe it’s Saturday again. To be honest, the past week is sort of a blur. I’m just wondering when my life will return to some semblance of “normal”, but until it does, I’m just trying to make it through each day, putting one foot in front of the other.
Music seems to help. It’s amazing to me how much music can help when you find yourself in the depths of dark thoughts. Sometimes music can make those thoughts worse, but sometimes it just lifts you up and you’re better for the listening.
Which sort of, in a round about way, brings me to the theme this week. I’ve been thinking about it and I think a lot of songs can fall into the theme, but I think it might be one you’ll have to think about. I know I’ve been scanning my music library in search of something to fit, but I figured this is all about the challenge, right?
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is to post a song about consequences, good or bad.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.