I’m really happy this last week is finally over. It wasn’t the best week I’ve ever had, and I ended it with a stomach bug, which is still making my life miserable. I’m hoping a little music will help with my suffering. 🙂
I thought a little bit about the theme earlier in the week, but then completely forgot about it until today. I might have picked something entirely different then, but after the week I’ve had, this one seems fitting.
It’s something I’ve been thinking a lot about this year and I almost used the theme before, but it somehow fits what’s been happening in my life recently – not just physically, but emotionally as well.
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is to post a song about pain. (I know for a fact there is no shortage of songs to choose from, so I hope you enjoy the exploration, despite the somewhat depressing theme.)
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.