I just realized (again) that tomorrow is Easter. I don’t know why I keep forgetting, except that I’m not huge into celebrating holidays, so I’m going to apologize in advance if you were hoping for a holiday theme. Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m not sure I would have known what to pick to match this particular holiday…
I’ve been thinking about the theme I am choosing for a while and it really fit a few weeks ago, but I didn’t use it a few weeks ago because I wanted something more lighthearted. Maybe you all will surprise me and post something fun, which is why I’m choosing it for this week.
I don’t know about the weather in your area, but this spring we have had a ton of rain. We’ve pretty much had rain about every other day, which I suppose is good that we get some sunny days in between. Today has been sunny but not particularly warm, but I’m not complaining because sunny days are welcome right now.
Which, of course brings us to our theme. Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday this week is to post a song about rain, or a song that has “rain” in the title or lyrics.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.