I’m still feeling like I haven’t quite found my rhythm this year yet and it’s already April. Perhaps I should just accept where I’m at and roll with what life is throwing at me right now. That being said, I’m super happy that there is always music to be found.
I’ve been driving my fiance’s car a little bit because he didn’t want it to be too neglected, and it has this funny way of just starting up music even when I didn’t actually push play. Bluetooth is a scary, amazing thing, isn’t it?
Anyway, my music randomly played a song and a band that I don’t normally listen to, but I have in there because Jaxon used to love them. The good news is, it helped me come up with the theme for this week, and I’m actually quite excited about it.
Before I present it to you, though, I just want to throw out a huge thanks to you guys for opening up my mind and heart to 80’s music last week. It was an amazing ride for me – sometimes hard, but mostly wonderful. I didn’t realize how much I was missing by running away from it for so long.
But, enough about the past and onto our Song Lyric Sunday theme for this week, which is to post your favorite road-trip song or a song about road trips.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.