Can you believe it’s April already? I can’t. I feel like March came and went in a flurry of hospitals, work and care-giving. My fiance is still pretty deep in the recovery process, but things are slowly progressing, even with the set-backs.
I was thinking of a theme all week, but then today I realized that it was a pretty somber theme and I really just wanted to lighten things up. I can get down with some depressing music with the best of them, but I’m thinking this week is for hope and looking forward.
And when I say looking forward, I think the best way to do that is to look back (that doesn’t make any sense at all, but I’m sure you’ll forgive me when I finally reveal the theme for this week).
Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song from the 80’s.
A little side-note here to let you all know that there isn’t a whole lot of 80’s music that I like or even listen to. Much of that is because it brings back emotional memories that make it hard to listen to it, but I’m hoping this time will be different and I can find some good 80’s music to embrace and listen to. So, I’m counting on you guys!
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.