When I was with Helen this week and we were discussing her blog she mentioned to me that she hoped that I would want to start my own blog after doing this for her, and I very quickly said, “No.” I really had no idea had much work was involved in blogging, and it requires a bit more energy than I am willing to expend at this time in my life. So to all those who blog, I am in awe of you and have gained a new level of respect for the amount of work that goes into this.
Now getting down to business. I was discussing with my family what the theme should be for this week, and everyone was throwing out ideas. My daughter thought for a minute and started talking about her favorite cover songs, and so our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post your favorite cover song.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.